SpineCare of NY FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Whether you are a current SpineCare of NY patient, returning with a new diagnosis, or just starting your spine care journey, we are here to help. Click through below for SpineCare of NY FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) from patients like you.
What should I bring with me to my SpineCare of NY appointment?
Where should I park when I come for my SpineCare of NY appointment?
• Up to 1/2 hour - $18
• Up to 1 hour - $22
• Up to 2 hours - $28
• Up to 4 hours - $32
• Up to 8 hours - $34
• Up to 24 hours- $38
Please note, oversized vehicles (large SUV’s) are subject to an additional $11 fee.
I'm traveling far and may need to stay nearby. Where should I stay?
500 East 62nd Street (between FDR & York Avenue)
The Carlyle Hotel
35 East 76th Street (between Park & Madison Avenue)
Hospital for Special Surgery Belaire Guest Facility
525 East 71st Street (between FDR & York Avenue)
NewYork-Presbyterian Guest Facility at Helmsley Medical Tower
1320 York Avenue (between 70th & 71st Street)
Our full list of accommodations is available here.
Spinal Surgery and Other Treatments
What spinal surgeries do you perform at SpineCare of NY?
• Laminectomy is the removal of partial or all the intervertebral disc
• Microdiscectomy is when a small portion of the bone over the nerve is removed in order to allow the nerve to heal
• Scoliosis surgery is surgery that stabilizes and reduces any abnormal curve of the spine and helps stop any harmful progression
• Spinal fusion is a process that fuses together the small, problematic bones in the back so that they become one bone (Cervical spine only)
• Total disc replacement is when a mechanical device takes the place of an old, worn disc, allowing for fluid movement of the spine again
What if my doctor doesn't recommend spine surgery?
Where can I go for more information about my diagnosis?
Who should I call with SpineCare of NY billing or insurance questions?
• Patients of Dr. Cammisa: Contact Teddy Rowson at (646) 797-8953
• Patients of Dr. Hughes: Contact Lyanna Rodriguez at (917) 260-4032
• Patients of Dr. Sama: Contact Flor Collado at (646) 714-6219